Cyber security has become a dominant issue in healthcare. The high value of patient and proprietary information, often created and managed by legacy devices and systems that lack of effective security access controls, is exposing members of the healthcare continuum to an increasing threat of cyber-attacks. As healthcare systems and clinical devices now produce and manage more sensitive patient health information than ever before, even the savviest CISO’s are challenged to protect this data as these systems become more connected and the regulatory environment continues to shift.
To best protect Patient Health Information (PHI), CISOs must start to focus on
isolating and protecting key systems and devices that create, manage, and
maintain patient information. This includes:
- The ability to secure access across dynamic hybrid IT environments
- Scalable and automated security and access management that supports legacy systems
- Preventive regulatory and compliance support
- Proactive, preventive, and secure operations
Unfortunately, traditional security models have become the greatest risk to protecting PHI. They cannot keep pace with the continuous change in IT infrastructures, particularly support for legacy devices and systems, lack the necessary scalability and automation, and focus solely on detecting and reporting rather than prevention. Additionally, they cannot support the authenticated interoperability requirements needed across connected clinical systems.
The business of healthcare today is driving the need for an adaptive approach to cyber-defense, which can effectively support the evolution in patient care operations, hybrid IT, and connected systems and legacy devices. Only BlackRidge delivers a new, adaptive cyber defense model that enables the secure delivery and management of patient care. How?
Dynamic Segmentation of Patient Care Systems and Clinical Devices
- Block any identity from seeing and accessing unauthorized systems or devices that deliver patient care.
- Enable full access control of which identities or functions can access and traverse the network, even across legacy systems and devices.
- Enforce dynamic segmentation policies for secure data transfer across hospital network or cloud.
Enforcement of Trust Across Connected Healthcare Systems
- Automatic authentication of identity and policy enforcement
- Custom trust models and configurations for each endpoint
- Dynamic management to respond to attacks
Proactive Isolation of Healthcare Applications
- Proactively remove ALL unauthorized network traffic from any system or device
- Securely deliver patient care information anywhere, anytime
- Automatically support security audit and compliance needs
What does adaptive cyber defense mean for our healthcare and life sciences customers? It’s really very simple. . . BlackRidge, has enabled:
- Unparalleled Trust in the delivery of secure patient care
- Reduced network security and operational management costs
- Lower risk to patient data and stronger security compliance